Thursday, March 13, 2008

1870 Census Emma Pierce Gartside

1870 Census - Chester, Pa.
Amos Gartside 39 MW Manufacturer ENG
Emma Gartside 33 FW Keeps House PA
Lizzie Gartside 9 FW PA
Mary Gartside 4 FW PA
Alice Johnson 21 FW Domestic Servant PA

This census and the one for 1900 was missing from the research. Thanks Char for the 1870 census info!
I was totally sidetracked with new research databases to try. First I started with the 7 day free trial of footnote.com. It has many good features and if you need pension info or military records it's fabulous. Unfortunately I could only access it for a few days. The reader wouldn't load up so I canceled the trial early before I was charged. Next one I am currently trying is called Genealogy Bank. It's 30 days for 10 bucks and it's a bargain. I have printed so much from other lines and I'm afraid I've gotten rather distracted from the Pierces. So, I am back to listing my goals for each Pierce generation.

Books - I finished Chocolate and Zucchini and it was a good recipe book. Didn't get too many out of it but it was great to read. Geraldine Brooks novel The People of the Book was very good in my opinion. One of the reasons I like old used books is the mystery of where they've been. Still plugging away at The Rebels of Ireland by Rutherfurd. I love Ireland. Maybe one day Doug and I can go back and see where his Culbertsons lived in the north.

No comments: